I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, September 5, 2022

The stochastic nature of mornings

Happy Labor Day, everybody in the US (for the rest of you, happy Monday). I think I owe you all an explanation for the problems recently. Back in June I was let go of the day thing (my part time graphic design job). That was a substantial loss of income. To try and make up for that, I've been hard at work to build up my t-shirt business. This has had, alas, limited success so far. But that is where my time is going. Well that and sleeping a normal amount.

So the Linkee-poo posts haven't been getting as much attention as they have before, and maybe the links aren't as high quality. I'm not sure when this situation may end, if it ever does.

But I am sorry this has become so irregular. As you know, I haven't attempted to monetized this blog other than pushing my t-shirts. I've really resisted that urge. And while I don't ever see this becoming a pay site, I might add some ads and a tip jar or two (maybe a patreon account).

I wanted to let you all know what was happening. It's been an interesting mix of good news and bad news. It also has included two stints back at the design thing to cover for vacations and time off. One of the major plusses is that I'm finally losing weight again. I haven't changed my eating habits. Cortisol can really mess you up. I'm getting more sleep so I feel more human. And I've picked up some commission work and some local custom printing (I'm still working on expanding that).

I hope you all can put up with the stochastic nature of my posting here.

Anyway, hopefully this will be a great Autumn for all of us. Hope this finds you well (even my Russian and Italian friends, I post those "watch your ass" comments only half in joking).

No comments: