I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

It's a Pirate's Life for Me

In case you all are missing it, John Scalzi is showing the cards on the writing life, specifically about money. He also has several follow-ups, some hidden in various and sundry kinds of articles. Of course, because it’s John, others are commenting with their own experiences and conspiracy theories (cribbed from John). And then another post where he describes his income in more depth.

Expect more people chiming in. Tobias can’t be far behind.

End result from distilling it all, don’t quit the day job. Todd, you should be alright. It was a night job after all. :) I also think you’re hitting the mark on John’s other points in his first post.

Well, that’s enough hyper linking for one day.

3 comments:

Todd Wheeler said...

I think Number 3 is my favorite:

"3. Marry (or otherwise shack up with) someone sensible with money, who has a real job."

Shawn Powers said...

Unfortunately, I think my wife would be really mad if I shacked up with another woman. And asking would be just about as bad as doing...

:)

Steve Buchheit said...

Todd, I think that's just good advice period. My wife straightened me out early on. Money used to burn a hole in my pocket. No more.

Shawn, well, it's never hurts to ask. The answer, however, could be very painful. :)