I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Fascinating, Jim, but is it life.

Yeah, I lose geek points for mixing my Star Trek metaphors. Since the last photo post was a bit to, um, forward looking, here's something more realistic. Yes, as a kid I practiced how to raise that eyebrow. I'm such a total geek.



If you all are good I might upload some of the crazy photos I took while I experimented with my wife's new mac (it has an iSight camera built in).

Also, Greenyflower points to a virtual model site where she had a composite made. My friends and I saw a prototype of this way back in the last century, it's interesting to see it finally come to market. Apparently full beards aren't so stylish anymore, but here's what the site made of me and my personal info.

6 comments:

ThatGreenyFlower said...

I love it! I should post a photo of me, too, so any interested parties (uh...me) can compare. Maybe I'll get bold and do that.

LOVE the eyebrow! Very dashing. You don't look anything like a yard decoration wonk.

Steve Buchheit said...

Well, I'm a stealth yard decoration wonk, That's why, Greeny. It's kind of like having military service, but intentionally breaking my gate and bearing so that nobody tags me as such. Makes it more of a surprise that way.

Anonymous said...

I, too, practiced for hours lifting the single eyebrow, Spock-style! Never cared for a moment for Kirk (though have come to appreciate him later in life).

Steve Buchheit said...

I've been growing to like Shatner now as well. I think it was when he developed a sense of humor about himself that turned the tide for me. Now that he plays it to the full comic hilt, he's pretty fun to watch (especially in those commercials).

Anonymous said...

Hey, that album he made a few years ago with Ben Folds Five is one of my favourites.

Steve Buchheit said...

Noooo! No more Shatner singing!

"Lucy in the Sky...



with Diamonds!"

ARGH! Oh, the humanity.