I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, July 27, 2006

A Crater in the Sun

A quick update while plates are printing. I’m still working on my second submission to Field Guide to Surreal Botany. What they’re looking for seems vague to picking a topic is difficult. Ah well, they have the market, It’s their book, they get to do what they like.

Ninety percent done with the second red-line of “War Stories.” I should post some pictures of what I mean by red-line. I doubt I will get it done for my second deadline (tomorrow). I’m now shooting for August 15 for all three manuscripts to be in the mail to the markets.

Work has continued to drain time away from the links I love, as it always does. Fortunately my wife is very understanding and can handle a lot, so that works out well. Twelve-hour workdays have a way of catching up with you.

I’ve been getting another story. I’m not sure where it’s going or if it’s just a recreation of old things. “The Great Pan is dead,” is a line that keeps circulating through my head.

No comments: