I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, April 18, 2008

Dead Tree Submissions

Wait a sec, I think I hear our owl...

I'll have to check later. Just as I started this I thought I heard the call. Yes, spring is here, the daffodillies are sprung, the windows are open after dark.

What I started to say was that I've got the stories in envelopes, all inside postage (reply card and SASE) stamped and ready to go (SASE has new postage on it) for both stories rejected on Monday. So, not a quick as I usually am, but I'll try and get to the Post Office tomorrow and get them in the system. Just for the record I'm sending Daddy's Little Girl off to Cemetery Dance and Running of the Deer to Realms of Fantasy Magazine. This time I'm trying two markets than don't take e-subs. So we'll see how it goes.

3 comments:

Matt Mitchell said...

My daffodils lost their blooms two weeks ago. It's funny...sometimes I forget how much farther north Ohio is from Alabama, even though it's only three states away; looking at your photos it still looks winter there (or just past it), but here the leaves are all full and the grass is already green (I've mown three times already) and it's hitting 85 degrees daily. I'm still waiting for the first whippoorwills of the season to start calling, one of my favorite nights of the year, every year.

Matt Mitchell said...

Whoops, I commented on the wrong post...please apply thoughts above to your post following this one :-)

Steve Buchheit said...

Hey Matt, no worries, I know what you're talking about.