I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Not Drinking Enough Water - Five O'clock World

This weekend was a little setback. On Sunday afternoon I was sure it was a relapse into big "D." However, after a little reflection, I think it was a stall on the progression coupled with a large dollop of little "d."

On the way home from work I was listening to early Pink Floyd and enjoying it, damnit.

However, today I kept up the pissedness from mid morning to mid-afternoon, so I know it's not the big "D." One of the symptoms of big "D" is that flattening of emotion. Sure I ran out of piss and vinegar in the late afternoon heading into early evening, hey, when you're an old guy that kind of thing is tiring.

Then I got the rest of the piss taken out of me with the dual rejections. The night thing funnerie is getting extended into next week. I've already got work scheduled into Thursday (which is typically my bad day anyway).

But, hey, my wife says she really liked the concept of my story. Ha! Vinegar stores being replenished. Time to start drinking water.

"In the shelter of the huns, every thing's okay..."

No comments: