There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd, smiling

Since I mentioned I was listening to early Floyd in the last post, and then blow it by quoting The Vogues, I needs make amends and restore my classic rock creds.

You say that hill is to steep to climb.
Yes, it's about the big "D" again.

You say you'd like to see me try.
Well, that's what talking about it on this blog is all about, now, 'taint it.

You pick the place and I'll choose the time, and I'll climb the hill in my own way.
Because, I gotta do it my way. I gotta write my own way.

And everyday is the right day... you look down, hear the sound of the faces in the crowd.
Ah, the smell of the crowd, the roar of the grease paint. Everyday should be the right day.

Sooner than wait for a break in the weather
It's getting close to Spring. People are riding bikes, and if you thinking I'm talking about the pedal kind, you don't know me at all. I need to make writing sales to afford a new motorcycle.

I'll gather my far flung thoughts together, speeding away on a wind to a new day.
Yeah, I was talking about writing. Hey, today I wrote a t-shirt slogan. I really need to get on Cafe Press and get my own shop going. A project for a weekend.

One of these days I'm gonna dance with the little piggies.
Politics have also been on my mind, but I don't want to think about them. Not at the moment. Major politics and local politics, and neither one is a good place for me.

If I had a good plan, I'd talk to you more often than I do.
Need to shake this last part of big "D" off.

Please don't put your wires in my brain.
So is that good enough to get my cred back.

You know I care what happens to you... And any fool knows a dog needs a home, a shelter from pigs on the wing.

2 comments:

Todd Wheeler said...

And as I browse around and read this post, at this exact moment I'm transferring Ummagumma from vinyl to 1's and 0's.

Coincidence? I think not.

Steve Buchheit said...

ooh, Synchronicity. Oh, wait, that's the Police. Dang it.