I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Linkee-poo was killed by a cellular phone explosion, they scattered his ashes across the ocean

EPIC Confusion epic link wrap-up. And finally, because it's my blog and this is all about me (damnit), Dr. Phil took a great pic of me in "relaxation mode" (see earlier link), but I like this one of me photobombing Christian Klaver the best. In fact, I think when I see someone photographing me in public (that tricky Al was sneaky and got me when I was looking for a few others in that collection) that I'll go for the photobomb look. (note to self, ask for permission to use photos as icons)

Cherie Priest wins the internets. How cool is that to have a tactical vest with "writer" on it? Now, if it was flame-proof, we should all just hand over the keys and go home. I mean, a lot of us lusted after one since dreamboat wears on on "Castle", but we didn't put the cash on the line as it were. Not that I think labeling yourself a writer will really help in public, in fact doing so might require wearing a bulletproof vest.

Jodi Meadows on why I ditched my draft. I'm facing the same issue with PRI. And I think that's part of my stalling. I know I should start from scratch, but just can't get over that hump. (Grokked from matociquala - whom I also wish I could have spent more time with at Confusion)

Part of why I loved HOW Magazine was their annual design salary survey. These days there's lot of tools for that (for regular salary, see indeed.com, which is also a cool jobs aggregator site), but for real specifics you have to go to industry sources (and design is notorious for underpaying people).

And speaking of income, kicking off what I hope will be another informative season of sharing, Jim Hines shares his writing income. Thanks, Jim.

Eric goes with the funny again, posting Newt Gringrich's appearance rider (a list of rules for Newt to appear).

And speaking of Eric, he let's us know there are a couple of fruits inspired people creating a Randian community. So, I have just one question. Instead of voting people off the island, can we vote to send people into the "Gaultian Years"? Also, I predict that "some salt-flat land in Texas" will soon replace "swampland in Florida" and the running real-estate joke.

Look, conservatives, when you keep doing this it's hard not to paint you as racists. "Oh no, the Arizona Immigration Law isn't racist." Okay, time to call bullshit on that. Because, when they came for the Latinos, we all had better speak up or it's us next. (Grokked from Rae Carson)

All that damnable government regulation interfering with business, how's an airline to make a profit when gubberment keeps standing in the way (of them ripping off the public with misleading ads). I mean, what's next, requiring food to not contain pathogens? Madness.

The GOP's crackpot agenda. Because I read it in the Rolling Stone. I think I've pretty much hit on all these points throughout the year. (Grokked from Jay Lake)

Tweet of my heart:
@neiltyson: Of course the volume of that pizza is: V = pi zz a "@Maz_Man_Utd: what about pizza volume if radius = z and thickness = a?"

2 comments:

vince said...

That photo of you and Christian Klaver was awesome!

Steve Buchheit said...

Hey Vince, yeah, I saw that and loved it. I think he has a nicer photo of me elsewhere, but I really like the photobomb.