I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Linkee-poo's sun in the same in a relative way, but I'm older

Jay Lake is looking for someone that can help with a medical billing question. In this case, about the CPT code for Whole Genome Sequencing.

A Scrivener tutorial. (Grokked from someone, sorry, lost the link)

While it wasn't his goal, Fred Clark reassures me it's not to late to write "Post-Rapture Industries. I have some relatively new thoughts on the End of the Worlders and Preppers. Those thoughts aren't fully formed, yet. And some part of me thinks it's bull, but the idea is compelling. I blame the end of the Cold War.

A slide show of vintage WPA posters for libraries.

Researching the art and science of happiness. (Grokked from Jay Lake)

Speaking of happiness, Cookie!" (Grokked from Chia Lynn)

Watching magnetic putty eat magnets. This is what the internet was created for, not all those pictures of cats. (Grokked from Dan)

The Nova program called the Retirement Gamble. Yea, that. Think entitlements are a big problem. I think you have the argument the wrong way around. It's something people finally got in the early part of the 20th century and by the end we conveniently forgot. Society works better when people can retire. And not just for the lucky people who survive long enough to retire, it also means the people in the work force have a better life. Also, thinking of which, I need to relook at my 401k. You know, once I'm not going 60-80 hours a week.

Hyundai has an annual competition for their engineers. This year it was based around personal transport. (Grokked from Dan)

Tobias Buckell shares the latest SpaceX Grasshopper rocket test. Wow. I have to say, the little boy SF fan in me has goosebumps.

The ISS spacewalk from last Friday. (Grokked from Tor.com)

The conspiracy flow chart They don't want you to know about. Also, Nazis. Just saying. (Grokked from Jim Wright)

The National Debt graph. A pre-election look at just who exploded the debt. Hint, if you remember "voodoo-economics" you have a real good chance of knowing. (Grokked from Jay Lake)

No comments: