I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Linkee-poo isn't taking a holiday

Too much to study. Although I did go to the Mespo festival yesterday. And now I have sunburn on one side of my face and neck. I'll just tell people it's a radiation burn from a bad gamma-ray experiment.

"Time for the Fourth Annual Maureen "AJ" Ramey Memorial Summer Reading Program."

Sure, vampires may sparkle, but did you know the also have the fluffiest of tails? I bet you didn't. Also, there are "vampire squirrels" in the world? WTF? Also, there are Giant Acorns roaming the lands of Borneo, which these squirrels mostly feed on. But local legend also says they "that the squirrels will perch on low branches, jump onto a deer, gash its jugular vein, and disembowel the carcass." Christ, I think I just peed my armor. You'll never watch "Up" the same way again, will you? (Grokked from Dan)

It may come as news to some that western energy companies have become targets for hackers. Really, this has been going on for years now, but it seems to have become corporatized. My favorite line from that article is that the groups "operate during Eastern European business hours." Slackers! Why, in my day, we would drink Mountain Dew and stay up all night hacking. The kids these days with their weird ideas about work. (Grokked from Dan)

Well, that didn't take long. "The day after the Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby ruling, a group of religious leaders sent a letter to President Barack Obama asking that he exempt them from a forthcoming executive order that would prohibit federal contractors from discriminating against LGBT people." I find it interesting that so many supposedly religious people are fighting so hard to be assholes to so many people.

Yea, the KKK doesn't want to alienate anyone or make them uncomfortable, they'll just makes sure if you don't agree with them that you'll be dead in their white-revolution. "'The only solution is an all-white revolution,' The Patriot News reported one Klansman as having preached… 'We are taking back this land,' and shouted." Sound familiar? (Grokked from Matt Staggs)

Just in case you think we're living in a post racial world, how about a story of a prep-schools first female, black, lesbian class president who mocks the majority rich, white culture. (Grokked from Maureen Johnson, I think)

How lawless was Iraq under US control? This lawless. Reports of a Blackwater Manager threatening the lives of two State Department investigators in Iraq and then had them removed from the country. I've said it before, they're a bunch of cowboys who give mercenaries a bad name. (Grokked from Matt Staggs, I think)

Five efforts by the religious right to disprove science that were failures to launch. (Grokked from Janiece)

The difference between Republicans and Republicans who watch Fox News. (Grokked from Janiece)

1 comment:

vince said...

I got the same from the 4th of July parade I went to. It's not too bad, and the aloe gel is helping quit a bit.