There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Monday, January 26, 2015

Linkee-poo nighty shorty, er, something like that

Because you may need this for the office tomorrow. "With every winter storm, including the blizzard hitting the Northeast this week, climate change skeptics return to a familiar argument: If the world is getting warmer, why am I stuck out here, shoveling so much snow?" (Grokked from Robert Bennett)

That link to the Buchheit histories I posted the other day? Turns out it was just a coincidence of names (strange, eh?). So much for getting a nice, French saber to show my history. I guess I'll have to stick with trying to find a schiavona that won't sink the budget. My uncle is going to send me some of the genealogy he's been able to put together. He did state that our family emigrated in the 1800s (I got the impression of "early 1800s", which is different than the story I know). From what I can tell there aren't any big genetic diseases I have to look forward to, at least from my father's side (I have enough on my mother's side). Although there is some heart disease (same as mother's side) and my grandfather died of an brain aneurysm (we don't know which kind). Still don't know many details of my father's death. Hopefully more will come after the coast deals with this storm.

And, speaking of swords (weren't we?), how to win a sword fight. First hint, don't get into one. (Grokked from Matt Staggs)

The moneychangers are no longer in the temple, they're the bishops and princes of the temple. The Catholic Church in New Orleans throws its weight around to keep a new Planned Parenthood clinic from being opened. The story is a good one showing the troubles many of us pointed out when President Bush created the White House Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships. Much of that money that Archbishop Gregory Aymond is using to bully the local contractors is our tax money, not actual diocese tithes. And this is why I support reclassifying all the churches Archbishop Gregory Aymond has domain over as commercial enterprises and revoke their tax exempt status. There's a delicate balance between church and state, the church has decided to violate that public trust and in doing so, a no longer a church. Render unto Caesar, Archbishop. The bill has come due. (Grokked from Lizz Winstead)

No comments: