There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Monday, January 12, 2015

Working for the Weekend

This weekend I'm skipping class, ignoring the day thing, using vacation time, and giving up extra time at the hospital to get my not-so-skinny behind to Detroit. In the winter. But it's for a good cause.

This weekend is Confusion. Well, okay, most of my weekends for the past few years are confusing, but this is the Con-fusion (no, they don't spell it with the hyphen) convention. It's a fantastic weekend where I have the high honor to confer, converse and otherwise hob-nob with my (sister and) brother wizards.

Confusion comes highly recommended. This is the one con I will do all of the above mentioned items to go to. And that, for me, is high praise. This is the con I've gone to the most often and most continually. I am blessed to have many friends there and have had wonderful experiences. This is my Christmas morning event, if you know what I mean. I'm going to be dead dog tired afterwards, but I'm so looking forward to it.

This year I'm on programming, again. I'll be on four panels or so with a bunch of other great people (looks at Catherine, Dr. Phil, Christian, and all the rest wondering how I got so lucky). I'll be in barcon with the other people I've come to know (Toby, Mer, Dave, the Julies, John, Saladin, Lucy, Lawrence, Christine, Ferrett, and so many more I can't remember everybody's name, no, seriously, I'm very bad at names ever since I tried diet pops back in college).

If you're in the area, drop by. It's a blast, and what little of the programming I've been able to scan, it's going to be a great year. If you're a writer or fan of SF/F/H, this is your tribe. Come and meet them. We won't bite (unless you're into that kind of thing).

No comments: