I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Linkee-poo feels fooled again

Classes cancelled for tonight, which is good. I wasn't ready for the test. Not ready at all. Do give you a hint of how much I've been running and been busy, the "not read yet" list of the regular blogs I read is approaching 100 again.

Because I'm a total geek, things like this and this totally get me geared. Those are two self-funded, low-tech space launches (using balloons to get to the middle stratosphere). Of course, it's only cameras going up, but still damn cool. Somehow I feel like this will be the "egg drop" experiment (can you drop and egg from two stories up, onto concrete, and have it survive using only 45 straws and a role of tape) of the future. Really. Want. To. Do. This! (pointed out by Dan, both times, because I'm sure he's going to do it).

Thinking geeky, how to do your own SEO (Search Engine Optimization).

Brad Torgersen on on how writers don't quit. Having gone through this argument with myself over the past three months, yes. And Stacia Kane on the language of sex (writing sex scenes). Not work safe (no pictures though). Must read this when home. (both grokked from Miranda Suri)

In case it ever gets down to a your wackaloons are wackier than our wackaloons argument. Speaking of such, really (birther bills in CT and AZ), really (Huntsman shows some sense, and misses the point)? Well, we still have the high ground on duplicity. It's these kinds of things that make this satire possible. If only for the humor factor I would be secretly pushing the conservatives to greater heights. Unfortunately it may not be an asteroid that's coming for us, but their vision is just as devastating in the long run.

It's all fun and games until someone pokes an eye out. (moment by moment courage of Egypt's turn for the worse)

No comments: