I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Music to write by

One of the great things about NPR is you can introduced to a lot of cool music. One of the (three) local NPR stations in my market plays folk music on weekend evenings, which is (most of the time) highly entertaining. However, I heard a snipped of this song on All Things Considered the other day. It was one of those moments where you go, "I know that song" (actually the main riff is fairly standard, but done very well, it hit Dan as the same as Pete Townsend's "I eat heavy metal", and it sounds very Lindsey Buckingham to me). It impressed me so much I bought the entire album. And you know what a notorious skin flint I am.



So yeah, this is now in my playlist (along with the other songs from the album, which I recommend you check out).

No comments: