I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, May 30, 2008

Occidental Incremental Poetry

Because I just can't leave well enough alone:

See the story ooze forced meaning and portent
Smell the sweat of youthful naivety
Acrimonious narcissistic nihilism
All too earnest need to fondle
Their unscarred smooth backs
Fearing rejection whiplash

I am the gingerbread-house editor
With windows of clear sugar
And a witch-proofed oven
To keep young mice from tossing me in
Listening to the nibble, nibble, gnaw
Of keyboard keys and laser printers

Who (corrected from whom) is that I hear
Nibble, nibble, gnawing on my roof
On my house
Draw closer my dear
It has been to long since I've torn
Doughy flesh from cracker bone

No comments: