I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Pomp and Circumstances

This weekend, starting tomorrow, I'm going to be scarce on these intertubies as I will be down in Oxford, Ohio watching my nephew graduate from Miami of Ohio. My wife has her PhD from Miami, so we sort of know our way around the place. Unfortunately, by the time we knew when and that we were going, all the local sleeping places were booked up (would have really liked to stay at Hueston Woods again, but not to be - that photo of the canoe on the water reminds me of the time we got stuck on the lake in a tornado warning, let's just say I was exceedingly pissed when we finally got back to the rental, you don't fly the friggin' fair weather flag during a tornado warning, and you shouldn't be renting boats during one as well) and we're somewhere in Indiana.

Jared wants to be a screenwriter. Last I knew he was submitting a script for Columbia to do graduate work. I don't know what the result of that was. So we get to find out this weekend. And we get to have real Cincinnati Chili again (hot sauce, why, yes, I'd like some hot sauce). I was also hoping to get to the Mongtomery Inn, (the Original, natch) but that also probably won't happen.

On the way back we'll stop by Mom's for Mother's Day. Hope you all have fun.

2 comments:

Camille Alexa said...

I took S's mom to the Oregon Zoo for Mother's Day and cried my eyes out for the animals. Who knew?

Steve Buchheit said...

Sometimes zoos aren't a happy place. Fortunately many are changing that.