I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Explosions You Hear This Friday

... may just be my head exploding.

Argh. So, anybody else having a bad week? Last week was bad. I had to play the dick. This week is going just as well.

I just can't get things together. Not writing is bugging the crap out of me. Not having time to finish tasks is also bothering the heck out of me. The gremlins have gotten loud again. The experiment of writing during down time at the day thing is crumbling. Not much is being accomplished except frustration.

Last week, at the doctors appointment, I was only down 3 pounds, but Friday was my heaviest day of the week. Fridays and Thursdays seem to be the heaviest. Since most of my appointments are on Friday, I guess that evens it all out.

I do have a prescription. I haven't filled it yet, but my plan is to start on July 4th, my own independence day. Possible side effects include insomnia. If that happens, guess what I'm going to do with that time?

4 comments:

ThatGreenyFlower said...

A prescription? Is it an anti-dick, pro-Muse pill? If so, it'll probably earn you enough to retire if you sell it on the street.

Bah. I'm having a week, too. I can't really point to anything bad, but everything is just generally ...Bah.

Do you have a long weekend coming up? I do. It helps.

xo!

Steve Buchheit said...

Hey Greeny, we the Dick part I have to turn on (normally that side doesn't come out in person). And yeah, that's exactly how most of the week is going, nothing really big, just little things piling together.

My big fear is that the prescription will be anti-Muse. That's what I'm really hesitant about taking it. However, it shouldn't affect it (it's for Wellbutrin).

I have a long weekend, but it's mostly scheduled. Friday at neighbors for party, Sat at Mom's, Sunday working on freelance (and maybe mowing if I don't get to it this week).

Thanks, xo right back at ya. :)

Camille Alexa said...

Greeny Flower! I miss her.

I've written some pretty good stories at 4 am. Insomnia helps novels get written. Written well? Not sure.

Steve Buchheit said...

Camille, the good thing is that my Muse likes to work late (I think that's her normal schedule). Unfortunately with the day job, I haven't been able to work late.

And right now I need to get some freelance work out of the way. I think it's blocking other efforts to get back to writing.