I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hush, hush, I heard someone calling my name

Deep breaths, deep breaths. Must. Not. Post. Political. Stuff.

Okay, so some writing things.

Listened to Pseudopod 106: Jihad Over Innsmouth yesterday. One, cool story. Two, man it set the neurons aglow (I have to recheck if the Innsmouth Dagon worshipers/Deep Ones are spawn or Elder God creations, I think they're Elder God creations, which then makes the Cthulhu ties silly, but I might be wrong). Although I had that moment of panic thinking, "Oh sure, this all fits into your current Cthulhu Worldview and stories, yes it would be cool, but do you want to be that guy who writes those stories." And then I think, "Well, you know, it hasn't hurt Charlie Stross one bit now has it?" Oh yes, me precious, there will be more Cthulhu and the squamous Project C-Thru. The Ichor must flow. (insert maniacal laughter here)

Looked over my schedule (or the last one I have) for ConClave and I think I'll be in good form. I need to do some research on Myths and Fantasy, and some general writing tips, but I think I'll be in good shape. Might be on an Asprin panel, which I'll be out of my league, but I can add how reading the Sanctuary shared-world novels and the Myth Inc. books formed my sense of humor and writing style (and not in that order). Not to mention my RPG personalities (ie. swords are for using, they aren't decorations). It's been a long time since I've read either (and I know there's some newer Myth Inc. books I haven't read) so I'll be real weak there (most of my books have been lent out and lost).

Also, the organizers of ConClave send word that the room block closes out this week and they're a little short (or were three days ago), so if you're going, reserve your room today or tomorrow so the Con doesn't have to cover the difference (if room blocks aren't filled, depending on the Con Contract they either have to pay the difference in room rates, or they have to rent the remaining rooms, either way, not a good thing for most Cons that run on shoe-string budgets).

No comments: