I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, September 27, 2010

Dis, dat, and dat udder ding

A round up of Democratic lead shenanigans concerning Tea Party Candidates. There's enough crap to go around, but there's a nice listing of one side of the argument. This year, I'm not especially proud of my fellow Americans, those that are of the political animal stripe, but that's the price you pay for pluralism. And lately in these political battles I'm seeing a run to the bottom. Don't get me started on the Pledge to America (which sounds like we need dusting off or something, but that's what they did for all the proposals contained within, proposals the Conservatives forgot to link to concrete steps… but I said I didn't want to get into that, didn't I). Instead I'll just point to Eric's comments about it.

Random thought from the other day. Xee, nee Blackwater, is run by a bunch of cowboys, and not in the good John Ford kind of way either. I mean in the "ride into town and shoot 'em up, don't forget to rob the saloon of the whiskey and spend some time with the girls." And example of why? You've probably never heard of Triple Canopy (US) or Executive Solutions (South African), and yet both have had more people in Iraq than the former Blackwater. They also have people in "combat/security roles." But you've never heard of them. Why? Because they're professionals, not cowboys.

Because I can't get away form the politics, I'm really getting tired of the ads. Already. If we all vote early can we get them off the air (and avoid the inevitable robocalls)? Although, as Mr. Gibbs said, "Leverage says you. I feel a change in the wind, says I." Maybe if we let time run, we'll see some return to sensibility. Doubtful, but I can hope.

Oh, and I'm serious about the snowblower question. I don't know enough about them to make the proper decision. At with blowing $500-1000 I want to be an informed consumer.

No comments: