I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Three on a match

Of somewhat relevance to my fellow bloggers (who have all dealt with comment spam this year - I still see them occasionally troll my blog, which is why I haven't taken off the captcha, sorry about that) ten of the ugliest comment spam techniques. Also some of what the spammers are trying to accomplish (that's come up elsewhere). (grokked from Dan)

People always poo-poo me when I talk about the Cold War with China (note, I didn't say, "The Coming" or "Eventual" - it's been here since the early 90s). Well, here's a little sample of what I've been talking about. Don't think it'll hurt us? Read that part about how rare earth metals are vital to high tech and advanced military technology again. Also, the final paragraph that talks about green energy. I, for one, do not welcome our new Chinese Overlords (also, this is part of my criticism of the GWB Administration 1) put us far behind the rest of the world in technology and science graduates and 2) didn't respond when it was clear China was making exclusive deals for natural resources around the world). (grokked from Eric)

You may know me as a math geek, but did you also know I'm a type geek and it's this kind of thing that gets me going in the morning?

No comments: