I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Linkee-poo gets ready to study

Sorry, no writing posts today.

Rick Ferrel Moore on the guy writing your life's story. A tongue in cheek take on people's realization this week that employers, insurers, creditors, etc are all using your credit scores and social media trails to determine your worthiness (of employment, insurance, credit, etc). Frankly, is this is news to you, you really haven't been paying attention. Yes, your credit score can determine if you get hired for a job. Your social media posts can determine your underwriting score for personal health insurance. I now work at the second place that has told me to my face that if they had know I was a liberal, they probably wouldn't have hired me. Now, it's illegal for them to ask in an interview. It's not illegal for them to find out on their own or to not hire me because of it.

This is also one of the reasons I have a chip on my shoulder when it comes to conservatives. Just so you know.

The backlash against bullying women. An editorial on the SG Komen story this week. Petula Dvorak also pulls in the controversy around the Girls Scouts. Look, I've been saying this for some time now, is it getting clear to everybody? The "Pro-Life" movement is not really about abortion. It's about women's rights and feminism. There is a strong subculture in our society that would like to roll back the sexual revolution. And given that there are islamic women organizations that support forced wearing of the chador, there are women in this country just as keen on giving up the hard women rights they have. (Grokked from Jay Lake)

Look, someone convicted of voter fraud. Oh, wait, it's another conservative. Move along, citizen. Nothing to see here. (Grokked from Jay Lake)

No comments: