There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Linkee-poo Saturday

A way to navigate e-books that's more like how we do regular books. Not completely convinced of its effectiveness, there's a lot of clues that come in from flipping pages on a real book that I'm not sure you'd get with this. Now if they could only simulate browsing in a bookstore. (Grokked from Jay Lake)

Rachel Aaron on pacing, the three act structure, and keeping tension.

What price freedom. Chuck Wendig on giving away free ebooks. Ken McConnell also shares his experience.

On being a panster or not. (Grokked from Jay Lake)

Dan sends some cool iPhone candy. (there's 3 links in there)

Vertical chicken farms. Um, yeah, I don't think they understand the problem correctly. I originally thought the article was going into the "and this is the absurd conclusion of current practices," but I think they're being serious in this proposal. Which leads me to ask, "WTF is wrong with these people?" Look, I'm an omnivore, although lately I'll admit I haven't wanted steak (mostly because the fat levels have gotten to high). And I understand the need to slaughter animals for their food. But that proposal (besides having a few biological hurdles that probably won't be over come) is just down-right sickening and unethical. I'd rather eat vat grown meat (which is meat cancer, if I haven't explained that before). (Grokked from Morgan J Locke)

In case you wanted to know what real child indoctrination looks like.

Ah, the do as we say not as we did conservative stance.

No comments: