I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, July 6, 2012

The universe giggles at me

You know that second really big project at the day thing that kinda side tracked my exercise and writing habit at home? You know, the one that sent me into work on Sunday, and kept me at work for 54 hours this week (okay, 8 hours of that was holiday pay)? Yeah, the one that absolutely, positively, just had to be done last week. The one with multiple parts, required me to beat up our outside sources and put them through the wringer, and bust some management to make a groove. That one.

At 4pm today it was "put on indefinite hold" (reading the reasons why, that means more than likely next calendar year sometime).

That's not thunder you're hearing, that's giggling.

But, hey, on the plus side. That first big project that got an extension? Yeah, everybody is going to be in the office next week and today (also at 4pm, coincidence? I think not) we had a big tele-meeting about how we're all going to need to crunch on it next week. Have I mentioned that for the amazing amount of graphics work I'll need to do for it, I've got diddly over squat for actual data to go from?

Laugh it up, fuzzball.

No comments: