There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Weekend at home - zoom zoom

Since I've been working my mind out at the day thing for the past month (this is my first weekend I don't have to go in in quite some time, and is only facilitated by coworkers not having their shit together, which means extra stress for the next two weeks until project is done), most nights I come home I'm too tired to do much of anything by veg in front of the TV.

Yeah, that's my story of why the word count sucks, and I'm sticking to it.

I'm back into a cycle where when I'm driving home or going to work my brain thinks "I should be there already." So there's lots of angst about where I live. I get into these moods every now and then. But, yes, I do really do want to move closer to things and people.

This is the first time in at least three weeks I've been able to make iced tea. See, I drink a lot of tea now that pop is off the menu. And I figure come the fall, I'm going to need a lot more. So I've been trying to get into the habit of making a lot on the weekend, and divide it into steel water bottles for quick access when I can't make a single cup. At work, I'm good. I can go to the break room and make a cup of tea and get a cup of ice. Once tea steeps, pour it over the ice and bammo, iced tea. In class that's going to be a lot harder. And so far, there's no bottled tea that's unsweetened than I can find in any of our local stores. Tradewinds does sell a gallon bottle of unsweetened tea, and if worse comes to worse I can pour that into smaller bottles, but it's damn expensive to do. Plus I've had it before, and I don't get that much of a kick from it.

So that's a long winded way of saying I'm busy catching up with chores and the like. The tea is about done steeping (when I started typing this), so it's time to get back to it. Need to add ice and pour. And then the scrubbing begins.

Hope your weekend is going better.

Another thought (before the timer goes off) is I need to get into the mindset that I'm writing this book for one person. Yes, I know who it is. No, I'm not telling. It's a sekrit.

And random thought, since I've been able to see more TV as I'm digesting and waiting to go to bed (that has been the schedule, come home late, eat, wait an hour so I don't throw up, go to sleep) I have to say that TV commercials really suck. Seriously my compadres, people pay us to do them justice. Many of you are just phoning it in and taking the client's cash.

No comments: