I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Saturday, October 11, 2008

I scare myself

Yes, sometimes doing design work things just come together. So I share with you my latest in freelance (and in this case, it's very free, but that also means I get to do what I want).

The Grand Valley Ruritans Halloween Party Poster

3 comments:

Rick said...

Talent is good! Nice work.

Stewart Sternberg (half of L.P. Styles) said...

What is a Ruritan? Sounds too much like a speech impediment.

Steve Buchheit said...

Thanks Rick.

Stewart, a Ruritan is like a Rotarian, except we're a different club (used to be a member, was a director for three years, then because of my wicked schedule I had to drop out). We do good deeds around the community, help out people with food baskets, heating oil, glasses for the local kids, things like that. This party is also a big thing, and it's free (although this year we will have donation jars out on the tables). The kiddos get to play games, get another bag of candy (pretty good haul in past years, it normally takes us 4 hours to stuff 300 bags), get a prize (some little toy, for playing the games), and we award prizes for costumes (age classifications, then prettiest, scariest, funniest, and most original). People really work hard on the costumes. I normally help judge the contest, but both last year and this year I'll be at a writing retreat.