There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Writing Fail

Okay, so, I built myself up for this weekend, and piled on the expectations, and now that I'm having difficulty becoming engaged in my novel again, I'm experiencing massive fail feelings. I think I set myself up for that.

The company is fun, the place excellent, the conversation good, but I feel like I'm avoiding writing. Now, I have produced some 3000 words so far this weekend, but that feels so small. I'm looking for distraction when I should be linking back into writing. I'm doing a lot of butt-in-chair-hands-on-keyboard time, but not a lot of typing out fiction.

I've done other things. Heck, I even took a nap. I don't take naps (although I haven't sleep well the past three nights). Distraction seeking, it's the new cat waxing.

I think what I really need is a more calm day-to-day life. But that isn't going to happen. I haven't done much work in the back yard this year, and I need to get stuff done. I tried cutting out the freelance and now I'm having the most work of any year to date. Council continues to be a struggle and is taking way too much energy.

And here I am complaining again.

No comments: