I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, October 20, 2008

Story Bone

Bestest Dad Dan (and he has the trophies to prove it) sends along this Story Bone from the category of overheard, out of context lines which are just so interesting they have to be used.

"If I was in charge, we would be up to our necks in box turtles."

Context was a discussion about predator-prey balance. But feel free to wing it. You could go with the "It's turtles all the way down" concept, or (another favorite quote) "thundering herd of turtles."

2 comments:

Rick said...

It's tough to best a line like that!

Steve Buchheit said...

Rick, yeah, that one is a good one. I'm glad I have friends that share.