I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

More links, because brain won't work

A short practical on agents. Agents should work for you in a partnership. If that's not happening, getting a new agent is a good idea.

Here's a story that is interesting to me, being Chairman of Safety. Seems there was a brouhaha over a fire department letting a house burn to the ground because the owner did not pay the rural fire district fee. You know, it sucks, but that happens. My guess is that if there were human lives in danger the fire department would have gone in to rescue them (but not for the cat or dog). However, it's a very real scenario for many places.

Freedom of the press is only free when you own the press. Food for thought. (grokked from Jay Lake)

Because it's in a lot of places, Your Tax Receipt.

And more from the boy the elections are long and many things come out in that time. Miller is probably the least completely insane candidates pushed from the dark corners of the right. However, that's a relative statement.

Also, just a general statement, with all the work and everything, I'm way behind in the social media stuff. I barely twitter, my blog roll is constantly above 100 posts to read, and I don't think I've loaded Facebook in weeks. So if you're wondering why I have been as effluent of late, it's because of the work and study, nothing personal.

No comments: