There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Friday, October 22, 2010

Touchable Elmo

Here's an argument for tactility. I wish more clients would get this. I do some work for an Amish cabinet maker. I was able to make the case to him and did a brochure on 100lb cover stock, with a felt like finish (not glossy). He's told me that brochure has helped him almost double his business. In this economy (okay, he targets the high end of the market which really didn't taper off). Because the brochure also felt architectural (100lb cover is pretty stiff), and the texture felt like fresh cut wood, it keys into people's emotions. Yet another one of our secrets out. So the legions of "thins as possible for cheapness, oh, and make it glossy" can bite me.

No comments: