There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Busy Week

It's been a busy week. For not supposed to be working overtime (see next paragraph) I had 8 hours. Lately OT has been down. At the beginning of the year it was normal to work 12-18 hours worth. Lately it's been running 7-12 hours (normally around 9.5 hours).

About three weeks ago I started getting those second-hand comments that let you know that Things Have Been Said about me in meetings. I learned I was the second highest OT recipient so far this year. I also found out that, even though they (the bosses) expect the work to be done, they don't want to pay for the overtime. Tough noogies. I now average 175 plates a week (from 100 a week last year). I'm getting help because the big presses are slowing down (not as bad as last year, though). Two weeks ago we had 300 plates.

So, while the dayjob OT is down, council work is up. Freelance was up (I think I got all those out). Work at home is up. PLus I have to schedule in some body work from my little car having a truck back into her (everybody is okay). And today we met with my woodworking instructor to hire him to build the shelving units for downstairs plus maybe, depending on costs, a wall shelving unit for the office. No, all this shelving won't help alleviate everything. My guess is that it'll be a holding action.

Plus novel for writer's group (I'm still working on, it's a slow read and I haven't had much time) and friend's novel (which I was supposed to start this week). And my own writing.

Then this comming weekend is Confluence in Pittsburgh.

So probably I'll be able to breathe again sometime in October.

No comments: