There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Here at Confluence

First night at Confluence. Just back in the room after hanging out at the bar talking with Emily, Tobias, Joshua, Sam, Michael, Mary, and Goeff to name a few. Cool conversations, fun people, good panels. Just a lot of fun.

I'm getting recharged. The blue are backing away.

Tobias has his second book out. Josh has his second book out at well. Sam has one book and another comming out this year (and, dude, you have a live journal, but I can't find it).

Lots of writing info at the con, which is why I like it. Tomorrow I start into having scheduling conflicts, like should I go to Geoff's "Human Space Flight" panel, or Mary's reading? Decisions, decisions. And then there's Tobias' reading and a Panel of Swords. I like Tobias, and I want to hear his new stuff. But swords, sharp pointing things. And they're shiny.

Ah, well.

As a side note, I'm writing this in an uncomfortable position in my hotel room on the free wireless. In the space of 3 hours downstairs I had two beers, and a lot of conversation (that I mustly shut up and listened, because you should learn to listen when authors speak, if you want to learn about this industry), and I don't think I've made a typo yet that I've gone past the word and posted. Now tomorrow I may find this post riddled with bad spellings and horrible grammer. I just find it weird. I won't start drinking ('cause my father had problems), but if it helps my typing... maybe there's something to it. More experimentation is needed. :)

No comments: