I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Submissions Bedlam

Okay, I'm slow. While looking for a market for War Stories I looked at Apex SF. They're closed to regular submissions until September 1st, but they have an open call for submissions to their anthology "Courting Morpheus." only a few open slots are available, but there you are. It doesn't pay well. So it goes.

2 comments:

Camille Alexa said...

Courting Morpheus is very specific. Submitted stories must be set in the town of Bedlam (which I guess you know from your post title).

Steve Buchheit said...

Yep, I read the whole thing. Including looking at the map. I'm not sure I would write something for that. I've got my own town where weird things happen (Windswept, OH). And Jabari works in Cleveland (his office is in a building that no longer exists, from what I'm told, but I remember from working downtown Cleveland). I'm not sure I could contain myself to someone else's world at the moment. I might (sometimes some restrictions give rise to the most creative solutions), but at the moment I'm not getting any story ideas for it.