I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, October 11, 2007

More Good News for the Book Reading Public

Okay, well, maybe not, but don't you really want to read an article like that? I'll make a compromise with you, here is article on reading habits and what makes a best-seller (because you know all us authors overly obsess about it). It's yet another reason why I love women.

4 comments:

Camille Alexa said...

"When women stop reading, the novel will be dead."

Beautiful.

Steve Buchheit said...

Yep, which should be a lesson to all us male writing type peoples, make the male protagonist hot.

That, at least, was a sub-theme in today's writers group meeting. You can forgive a lot if the guy is hot.

This is a collary to my, "I can forgive a lot for red hair." (don't tell my wife that, she is blonde).

But I've heard that women are by and far the largest segment of the reading population. Attending various reading cons, I can attest to that. There are plenty more women attendees at cons that aren't media or game heavy.

Oh, and... Camille! You're alive! (runs off to check littlebird-blue.blogspot.com -- YEAH! new post!)

Camille Alexa said...

Oh, and... Camille! You're alive! (runs off to check littlebird-blue.blogspot.com -- YEAH! new post!)

You're so cute...

By the way: I bet you anything that what I think is hot is not at all what most guys would imagine. I think I am an absolutely typical girl, in that respect. Don't buy media hype. Most media images of 'hot' males totally repulse me.

Steve Buchheit said...

Camille, well thank the Gods for that! If it weren't for those women who have a different view of "hotness" than the "culturally force fed to males" view of what makes a hot man, I would be a bachelor while my honey went off to pursue Harrison Ford (it's the forearms, don't ask me why).

Anyway, I know that part of a man's "hotness" is his smell. And I don't mean in an "Axe commercial we all gre up watching High-Karate commercials so we decided to remake them" way. But I do know that one of the strongest factors that women choose mates is by their smell. (Yes, some of us DO listen.)