I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Snowstorm

It's snowing here to beat the band. My wonderful neighbor let me borrow his snow-blower or I would never have gotten through it. As it was, it was a big snow-blower and it barely made it through. It's still snowing. I'm just hoping the roof holds up.

I generally like snow. This is a little too much. The State Troopers have declared a Level III ban on travel (if they catch you on the state highways, they can ticket and arrest you). Not much is moving outside.

This past week we've had a lot of precipitation, including the ice storm earlier. Streams were over flood stage before this hit. It's supposed to get warmer in the middle of the week. Power is still not completely restored in the north of the county. I expect to hear about various parts of Ohio being declared disaster areas this week.

3 comments:

Nathan said...

Yeah,

I was watching about that on the news. (That sentence sucks, but I don't care). Looks serious.

Stay off the roof Steve. I've seen bunches of stories about people getting hurt trying to clear snow off of roofs that would have been fine until it slid all by itself. (OTOH, if it slides while you're sleeping and then blocks all the doors from opening, you could be stuck inside until a grue comes and eats you.) Just sayin',

ThatGreenyFlower said...

It snowed here, too, which is pretty amazing. Enough for closed schools and snowballs, even. Thankfully, though there was enough snow for snow people, the roads never got horrible. We could still get to the store. Let me know if you want me to mail you some Chee-tos or something. ...Oh, wait, never mind...

Steve Buchheit said...

Nathan, yeah there's no way for me to get on the roof that I can do while it's snow covered. And the grues are already inside.

Greeny, we're pretty well stocked, but thanks for the offer.

It was fun to see the squirrels plowing through the snow on branches this morning.