I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, March 28, 2008

The Wreck of the Marie Fitzpatrick

"At the Space Maritime Rescue they knew they would be second to make first contact, but they would be the ones to report it. There was a running office pool on what they would find; ships on fire, all out war, or interrupt some pomp and circumstance. Nobody had money on the alien eating the ships they would be called to rescue."

Yeah, had a half day, so as I'm driving home at 11:30, the story starts coming again. I really gotta get a voice recorder. As it was I had to pull over a few times to write out lines and ideas. Like how a creature could live in the void (like birds that get their water from their food, it would get it's breathable gases from it's own food).

2 comments:

Ken McConnell said...

Keep it coming Steve, I'm loving it. I'm so into space opera, especially, SF/H possibilities. Did I mention I sneaked into the theater to see Alien? Scared the heck out of me, but I love that movie.

Steve Buchheit said...

Ken, I loved the first Alien, not so much about the other ones. And I haven't snuck into a theater since college. Although with the whole multiplex thing in theaters going, and the general lack of observation/security, I've been sorely tempted to go on an marathon movie bash sometimes.

Although mostly there's just so very few movies I really want to see. But the good part for me is that they tend to all come out at the same time.