There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Monday, April 27, 2009

First Day in a New Job at the Old Job Place.

First lunch break. Still discombobulated (hey, that's a word, go figure) at the new desk trying to figure it all out. Getting things in order. Getting in the habit of writing on the lunch break.

Good news, with my new reporting time, I get here way early (so might get some typing done then). I have a cubicle! Three walls and nobody behind me. Woohoo! Oh sweet Mother of God, I never thought I'd consider a fabric-walled cubicle a step up. Bad news (the short of it), I forgot to shave. I forgot my cell. I now have to wear slacks instead of jeans. And I'm back to being a tuck-in guy (instead of a hang loose). It's a shirt thing. Also, the cubicle I'm in has the taint of evil (more about that later).

Things are shaking out. Something are still a little temporary. Here's my desk for the Windows PC (I have two computers). Yeah, gonna need to get that a better thing, but it works for now.

5 comments:

Nathan said...

In my day, we woulda killed for a box on the floor in the corner. And you've got three walls? I've got serious wall envy.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the tale of the 'taint of evil'.

Steve Buchheit said...

Nathan, well, I still have to lick the road clean with my tongue and eat a bowl of broken glass, but yeah, cubicles are da-bomb.

Todd, it will be long in the telling. Let's just say that the first question everybody asks when they know where I'm sitting is if I made sure the cubicle walls won't fall over again, trapping me inside.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Todd on the cubicle tales.

Steve Buchheit said...

Camille, I will have to dish it.