I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, May 29, 2009

It always feels like somebody is watching me

(Grokked from Ken McConnell)

Here's a photo essay of Where I Write by photographer Kyle Cassidy. As most writers know we all have a prurient interest in How Other Writers Do It. We usually just can't get enough of this stuff.

Okay, maybe I'm speaking for myself, but he has it under it's own URL, so I don't think so.

And just my general comment on the photos, these people clean up their spaces way too well. Mine looks more like Chip Delany's place, but not as neat and organized.

I know we did this as an exercise on Genre Benders, talking about our writing spaces, but I can't remember if I posted any photos (there or here). Hmm. It's supposed to rain Saturday afternoon, maybe I should rectify that.

2 comments:

vince said...

Those were some great pics. I especially liked the Joe Haldeman picture writing longhand by lamplight.

Steve Buchheit said...

That one also got me, as everybody else was in front of a computer or laptop. Although there are handwritten pages in some of the other photos.