I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Alive, and in Michigan

Here we are, just in time for the midgies. The ride extended longer than it should have, with the closing of I-94. Fortunately it was closed right at the exit I needed, but sadly that meant traffic was backed up for miles. Joy.

So, we're back from dinner, where I spilled on my shirt. Sigh. And now I'm procrastinating before I get back into critiquing stuff. I have 60 more pages to go through. Hint to other writers, if you have stuff to critique, start as soon as possible.

Tomorrow starts the slinging critiquing of each others work. After we clean up the blood finish, it's time to get back into the writing. There's the novel and the short story waiting. I'm still really psyched about both.

But now I have to say goodbye to the broadband (Broadband!) and get back to work.

Expect sporadic blogging to continue through the weekend, to resume normal posting by next week.

No comments: