There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Windy Saturday

If I had installed a wind turbine on my house, and had a decent battery system, I think I would be storing up energy for a couple of weeks. So I'm reading and critiquing today. In the background is Dirty Jobs, which makes me feel better about my current day thing.

William Jones is talking about writing. Mostly observation rather than didactics, he makes the point that should be made with any writing advice given. YMMV.

Over at SF Novelists Mindy Klasky is talking about missing deadlines. While not very good for those who miss deadlines looking for tips on how to avoid that ("I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by"), it's a good insight into the schedule of a working novelist.

Political linkeree:
Do "Family Values" Weaken Families. Of course, as you read it, it all depends on what you actually value. Also discussed the "Bristol Palin" issue with an explanation of both sides. (Grokked from SC Butler).

And in general, no, I'm not happy President Obama's Justice Dept. is using the "safety exemption" in reading Miranda Rights.

And then there is this, a story about craziness and stupid that burns.

No comments: