I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Oh, the things you'll see

I swear this morning there was a road-kill chinchilla on the side of the road.

Don't have much today. Tired. Stressed. Can't seem to get ahead no matter what I do.

The quiz/test tonight I'm sure I got at least two wrong (spelled "graft" as "graph" - occupational hazard, and forgot what the Thalamus does - but then we were told we didn't need to know the functions, just the part names). And I might have gotten a third wrong. Exam was 40 points, with an extra 2 point bonus. We'll see tomorrow.

Did take a picture this morning. No, not of the chinchilla (that was on a hill and I was attempting to get to work at a faster rate of speed than Slow Poke Amish Taxi in front of me wanted to drive). Hopefully get that posted soon.

4 comments:

sheila, who isn't lurking today, said...

I don't know how you do it, between working full time and taking classes (and they're not cake classes, either!), in between writing projects and doing stuff around the house.

Seems like there would have to be two of you to clear everything on your plate!

Will you be able to take a day -- either a day off or one weekend day -- to just take it easy and regroup?

Steve Buchheit said...

Kinda doing that tonight. But somewhat mind blown from the day. Can't do too much of this. Next week is both the final quiz and the comprehensive final.

sheila, who isn't lurking today, said...

And then there is a break between the summer session and the fall session, I hope?

Steve Buchheit said...

Yes, I get to catch up on things then.