I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Reason 1231 for retraining

I haven't talked much about the day job.

There's a lot of things going for it. One, most people seem normal. They also value their vacations (I like that in a company). Plus, free pop in the break room (which I had two today, which were two too many).

However, I just got home. And it's from trying to cover for someone else's poor planning. Really and seriously, I want a job where I don't have to do this. I'm tired of educating people on how to not wait to the last moment for no other reason than they have no other way of working. Really, really tired of it.

I did lay down some of the law before I left in an email to those concerned. In it I also reminded them that tomorrow 1) I have a class, 2) I have a quiz, and 3) I was talking a lunch to study and will be leaving on time. And that I have grave concerns of where the project is at and the time left. Not to mention the version control issues I see about to hit. Well see how that plays out tomorrow.

No comments: