I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Forth coming scarceness

Not only are things going to be busy from now until Christmas, what with all the work, class, and general disruptness of living, but next week I'll be in the wonderful state of Virginia as a sales training event. Joy of joys. And did I mention it's the week before finals? Ah, I'm filled with the holiday spirit. Or filled with something.

So posting here and keeping up to date with you all may take a little more time than I'll have. Next week I'll be learning our product lines, traversing the political minefields, and generally trying to control myself so I don't smart off in the wrong direction. And then at night there of course if the team building (read as "partying"). Plus I'll need to go through two lectures' worth of material on my own, not to mention studying for the final test.

Have I mentioned I haven't started the holiday shopping? Yeah. It's going to be some crazy weeks between now and then. Hopefully I'll have some extra down time to start edits on the novel and short stories. If not, hopefully with the time I'm taking off for some other responsibilities I'll be able to get more writing done then.

So if I don't see you before hand, I'll see you on the other side. Play nice. Don't eat too much chocolate.

No comments: