What if Kurzweil doesn't make it?
What if all the switches get stuck on destroy?
When the shuttle goes, we won't take it
When the final counter-measures are deployed
All we'll have is all this time

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Oh Lord, stuck in Roanoke, VA

Trying to get back to Ohio. Currently sitting here in the airport. My original flight was delayed. However the earlier flight was also delayed. And then there's the larger plane out of Philly that they brought in and are transferring to the earlier flight, which was supposed to leave at 5:30am. So they're transferring those of us on the 11:20 flight to the earlier flight, which will now leave at about the same time as my original flight. You all got that so far?

Joy. But the good news is that I should make my connecting flight. However I haven't had any time to crack open the book to study. And with the doubled up flight I doubt I'm going to have the room to do so on the flight. Happy happy. Fortunately I think we're benifitting from the legendary southern gentileness.

Not a good way to start the day.


sheila the fabutronic said...

Oh, my! I hope after all that, you will make your connecting flight as scheduled.

I can't imagine your flight will be long enough to get much studying done, even if you do by some twist of fate manage to get a bit of elbow room.

At least it should be good weather for flying into Akron-Canton or Cleveland. There was a lot of snow yesterday up north (about 5"), but the roads and runways should be clear and dry by the time you land.

Needless to say, down here below the snow belt, we hardly got a thing. Although my Steve said it was nearly whiteout at the southern edge of Richfield last night as he drove to the barn. All clear today, and sunshine to boot!

Steve Buchheit said...

Hey Sheila, well I did get a little studying done here in Charlotte. But we're now about 25 minutes away from departing to CAK and there's no aircraft here. At the gate next door they've started calling for the flights that leave in 30 and 35 minutes from now. And our flight is still listed as "on time". Um, I don't think it's gonna be on time. Sigh.