I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

From the foggy shores of Maine

Today, as we started our adventure on the Desert Island (pronounced "dessert island") in the rain and then in the fog. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. But two major points first.

Dear Bar Harborites (or Harborians), "middle May" is not "Memorial Day Weekend" (which is the end of May). If you're not open until the Friday before Memorial Day, that isn't mid May. Stop being fluid with the timeline, okay? Next, since when does seafood cost more at the coast than it does in Ohio. Look, I know you all get the lobster here. I've seen the traps being set out and all the bobbers in the water. I know you've got them. I also se your ships heading out to catch the fish. So I know this is local stuff for you. So why does a fish and chips platter cost me about $4-$8 more here? Something ain't right.

No comments: