I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Here a day, there a day

Boston, I am in you. Well, I'm in Logan Airport right at the moment. Seems our flight is a little delayed, for certain values of little. Three hours to be precise. But the nice people at AirTran gave me a coupon for free round trips, for as much as that's actually worth (coupon good for flights on any February 30th, must be used within one year). So I have a little time on my hands. Good think I have a book, and not an ebook.

But the "free wifi" is only free as long as I let them advertise at me. Sigh.

I can't complain too much because we've had a lot of good this vacation. We've also had a lot of, "well, that's not running right now, but it'll start up this Friday. How long are you staying?" um, we leave Friday.

But anyway, I wanted give give a big shout out to a couple of places. The Best Western Acadia (Bar Harbor) and Best Western Wynwood (Portsmouth, NH), you were fabulous. Quick, clean, no hassles and at the Acadia you had the best complimentary breakfast and a congenial host (not to mention Spike the Customer Service Scalegoat beta fish). It was great staying with you.

For eating, if your near Rye Beach, NH, you can't go wrong with Petey's along Route 1A, right across from the beach. The first night we arrived just a few minutes before closing and they served us sitting down (not insisting on take out, which they have). For that we stopped back on our way down to the airport. The place was packed today. They were spilling out the windows. The lobster roll was the best I had (and the lobster bisque was excellence too). Thanks for helping us out (feeding us after hours on a foggy night and allowing me to park next to your dumpster without towing me today).

Then if you're in Portland, ME, there's Thai POM's which was so good we only ate our two dinners in town there. The Tom Yum soup, yum. The curries were excellent, as were the Crab Rangoon and everying else we had. I don't understand why last night at 8 there were only a few of us(okay, there were lefty of take out orders). Really Portland, this place was great.

Then there were the Carriages of Acadia which do horse carriage rides on Acadia Park's carriage roads. While both the visitors station and their website said they would be open for tours on Friday, apparently there was some trouble earlier in the week. So there were canceling Friday's rides, but did relent and take us (and two other couples) on an hour tour. Thank you, we had a great time.

And with that said, now we're just waiting for the flighgt home. A good vacation, I haven't thought about work... too much. I should do this more often.

No comments: