I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Linkee-poo wants to see the sun blotted out from the sky, I wanna see it painted black

The goats who stare at men. Or something like that.

The economy brings back the jobs (I'm waiting for the Trumpster to take credit for that). The bad news, the incredibly bad numbers from last month were revised downward (although April's numbers were revised upward). "Average hourly earnings for private sector workers increased by 2 cents last month to $25.61." Huh, I'm above and below that.

"New computer simulations indicate that a miniature wind farm‒like device could harvest the energy of chaotically swirling bacteria." Okay, I'm all for renewables, but this feels a little too "whoo-whoo" to me. Yeah, it's for micro-power generation, but still. Also, and I think I've said this here before, computer scientists aren't really scientists.

"New observations of a frigid object called WISE 0855, which lies 7.2 light-years from Earth, suggest that the 'failed star' has clouds of water, or water ice, in its atmosphere…" Direct observations, that is. Probably not a place that could sustain life (at least as we know it), and not near another star.

What happened. That suspect who turned out to be just an open carry guy. The actual shooter (note the images available, and then which image the news media used).

Good news, gay people. It appears as if the transgenders are going to take the hit this election cycle. Ten states sue to block Pres. Obama's transgender bathroom rules. Including our own Ohio. Way to go, Ohio.

"The sight of intense, sometimes violent, protests at Donald Trump rallies has inspired at least a handful of Republican delegates to bring their weapons with them to Ohio." I'm sure this will end well. "'I'm an old man,' (PA representative) Klein said. 'I cannot run and I cannot jump. And if some group of people were to threaten my safety or my wife, I have been trained to stop them.'" No, no you weren't. Not unless you've had combat shooter training, concealed carry permit training most certainly didn't "train" you. There's a "white men can't jump" joke in there. Also, this is what is known as intimidation.

No comments: