I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Sausage Writerly Links

There's a bunch of sites to point to, so instead of making individual posts, might as well just make one post.

Mary Robinette Kowal (a name you should know) giver her advice on how to attend a convention. Very good advice. In fact, I think I'm going to make it required reading before each con I go to for a while (just like Tobias' "Getting Past Being Joe Blow Neopro"). (Glommed from Matt Staggs, I think)

The good people over at Adventures in SciFi Publishing, well, specifically Shaun Farrell, want you to know about Singularity Audio. Seems they're leveraging their experience with audio programming to help you market your book with an audio book trailer. Having listened to a bunch of podcasts, I can say Shaun is very good with his audio (to everybody else, the secret is to bang the rocks together guys, no seriously, it's called "levels," check it out, and make sure they're even and near full). I wish him the best with this endeavor.

Jeff VanderMeer is pushing an excellent art book. Artists inspired by Lovecraft. And he shares pictures on his blog. Ain't they tasty. The book is by Centipede Press. Also, Jeff was named Assistant Director of Wofford College’s Shared Worlds Creative Writing Program. Congrats Jeff. Also, that program sounds excellent (thanks Matt Staggs for letting us know). Wish I had the time and money to go.

There, three is a good number to stop with. It's a magic number, after all.

No comments: