I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, June 6, 2008

A History of Lightning

Okay, I have to admit, writing this story is a ride. I think this is the first time since I decided to do this for real (and for sure) that I've been writing it while still in the grips of the ecstasy of discovery. For most stories I take notes and then try and get it written before it goes stale in my head. This one, I do have notes when I can't really type, but then I get it typed out pretty soon afterward.

What's different here? I'm ignoring other work. And now that I've said that out loud, I feel guilty. I'm ignoring follow up on some council things and finishing a brochure.

I may be tempting the fates here, but my muse says it's okay. This is fun. The story just keeps coming out. This morning I got the denumount. So far it's about 200 words or so. A quick wrap up in case somebody missed what was going on and might have believed what Ben did that Jed was committing suicide. And you get to meet the new Jed, Hamish Abraham.

It's been a wild ride so far. I hope it continues.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it when the magic shines!

Steve Buchheit said...

So do I.