I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Busy Weekend

Spent the weekend working around the home. We took down the Halloween decorations. I spent a few hours repairing some of them, rewiring an electric spider, things like that. Adjusted all the clocks, slept in late.

At work things are a bit crazy. We're finally back to a normal work flow, plus there's an annual big project. On top of it all, some vendors decided it would be good to sponsor an open house. The management is going slightly ape, which is worrying to some of us underlings. You now, like maybe such concern should be directed, say, toward the sales team. Anyway, after giving the outside design firm a few weeks to come up with a cohesive program, only to bounce the idea they came up with (which wasn't bad, just not what they were looking for), I then had six hours to hit a home run and a hole in one all at the same time. Had to have a good design, and only time to get one out.

So glad they ignore the guy with a BFA in Graphic Design, 18 years of professional experience, and maybe give me time to work out a good design, instead I get to save the day. Bitter? Me? Nah. And now, when I have a lot of work, you know, not like back when they handed this project to an outside firm, I get to design a whole series of items, you know, that may help decide the future state of sales for our company. No pressure.

Needless to say with everything else going on, I'm very far behind on my blogging. When I last left work, I was back over 450 blog posts. Bad blog buddy, no cookie.

Spent some time editing "History of Lighting." About halfway through and I'm down to 3988 words (started at 4041). Fixed one thing, still have another to get to. Cleaning up language, and tightening sentences. Adding in some tension. Need to get it ready to submit to the critique group by this weekend.

No comments: