There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Thursday, March 25, 2010

A different social networking question

So, you've thought about your family, your boss, but have you thought about the editors to whom you submit your stories? Okay, I think I have at least one already, but he and I have had some longer conversations and I think our relationship goes beyond the occasional email. Now, I do blog with several editors, and I've friended them on Facebook and Twitter, but what about connecting through Linkedin with an editor that you haven't done much more than submit to?

2 comments:

Dr. Phil (Physics) said...

If the editor has requested the LinkedIn connection -- what's the harm? LinkedIn is made more for business and contains contact information. No negative there.

On the other hand, if it is a suggested connection, i.e. LinkedIn suggests you might want to make the connection, then why bother? LinkedIn suggests a LOT of crappy connections. That editor will find you if you submit to them. (grin)

That's my take.

Dr. Phil

aingsh -- the anguish of trying to decide which social networking systems to allow someone into.

Steve Buchheit said...

Oh yeah, if the editor requested it I would so link them in. This was more of a "they came up in a suggested connection." I mean, I've submitted to them before (and even a little more), but I didn't know if they'd accept be linkedin, or if they'd think it was annoying?